Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's @ Isabelo's Garden Restaurant

Last month, as I was cleaning the calling cards in my office desk, I found the card of a restaurant I've been wanting to go to for a long while now... ever since I did a photoshoot with my good friend Krista Kleiner for our Sept. 2009 issue, and as suggested by another good friend Danee Torres who shared this lovely little "secret" spot in Marikina to shoot at.

I brought the card home and gave it to my husband.

"Valentine's suggestion," I said.



And that is how you get your better half to take you to where you wanna go... without having to twist his arm. Calling cards. =)


Now it's only been our 3rd Valentine's together but it seems I've discovered a fun little quirk about our relationship:

He cannot seem to surprise me for Valentine's. (Yesterday, as I stepped out of the elevator of our condo floor, I heard a knocking near where our unit was. I turned the corner... and found Pao's family driver holding a dozen roses, who then turns to me and says, "HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, MA'AM!!") And as Pao opened the door, I held the roses in my arms and yelled, "SURPRISE!!!")

He didn't look too happy. HAHAHAHA!

We'll have the rest of our lives for him to come up with something I won't and can't spoil... and that, for me, will always make it an exciting day to look forward to.

Then as we were about to leave for dinner, he told me to wear a blindfold during the entire car ride. I obliged of course, even though I already had my guesses.

And this was one guess I'm glad I got right:

                                        We got the most romantic seat in the house.


When you book at Isabelo's, not only do you book the date and time, you also have to pre-order your dishes as well as give a downpayment.

For our Valentine's menu, as of Pao's choosing some few weeks ago (and which we highly recommend):

                                                 Strawberry and Lemon Iced Teas


                                               Roasted Pepper and Squash Soup


                                           Stuffed Portobello Mushroom (for the WIN)


                              He got the Lamb Steak served w/ Mediterranean orzo Salad


And because he loves me... and because he wasn't aware it was a whole chicken:

                             I got the Orange Herb Chicken served with roasted vegetables


                                         For dessert: Chocolate molten lava cake


.............


                                               Stuffed and satisfied "Valentees"


You see why he and I totally need to go to the gym later tonight. =)

But it was so worth it.

(Thank you to my husband for always keeping my best interests at heart... and for knowing exactly what I like... to eat. =)

'Til next Valentine's y'all!





....


Isabelo Garden Restaurant
Isabelo Street, San Roque, Marikina City, Philippines
Telephone: +632-510-6914  
Mobile: +63908-7401645
Website: www.IsabeloGarden.com | Isabelo Facebook Page
Email: isabelogardenrestaurant@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment