Thursday, May 13, 2010

Then What?

Maybe it's the arrow that seems to automatically and mercilessly go straight to 120lbs. on the weighing scale...
Maybe... it's the 1200 calorie-a-day diet program "the Sexy Chef" has put me on
Maybe... it's the fact that I've been eating precisely rationed gourmet food out of a tupperware since Monday.
Maybe... it's because I haven't been able to have a drink SINCE Monday and won't be able to until after my two-week diet.
Maybe... it's my latest obsession to count calories just to EARN my next glass of alcohol (in case I decide I need to cheat)... preferrably, red wine (which I have to start practicing to like)

Or maybe...

Because I'm getting old. And for the first time... (and I seriously had this epiphany last night)... I felt compelled to finally question a probable decision's merit and well... actual point.

See last night... one of my favorite local bands had a gig. A band I haven't seen in a while, some the actual godfathers of my daughter. It was also my fiance's band sponsor's event --- a night of classic hip-hop, Tanduay, proudly Pinoy gear, and space cookies.

Definitely two events Pao and I wouldn't have hesitated to make cameos in... on a normal day.

But yesterday...

He and I were actually torn. And there it was, the slow reduction (but surprisingly, happy reduction) that comes with having only a singular love. The kind that's timid and keeps to itself. The kind that's happily... lethargic. The kind that "reduces" the things that were once perhaps, important and integral in a relationship... or even, one's sense of being. Like... going out. Getting drunk. Mingling.

I sat on the floor and looked up as I watched him trying to properly install the sega genesis emulator onto his PC.

"Then what?" I asked, as we contemplated our actually going out while playing the events that would occur if we did out in our heads.

I mean, it wasn't the problem of being uncomfortable or that we didn't like the crowd or we didn't have money to burn or we were too tired.

I think I have finally become aware of the fact that, on its very basic level, anywhere would've been fine so long as I was with him. And if being with him didn't require to spend so much, or wear us out, or take the time to get dressed... then our home and staying in would be just fine... with my favorite friends, the airconditioner, 32-inch flatscreen tv, dvds, and the helluh ghetto monopoly game we bought at the local supermarket.

Of course, he didn't mind that I also enjoyed dancing around in my underwear whilst shaking my hips IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR. =p

*cue HOW LOW by Ludacris* Who needs to party when the party is AT MY BODY! hahahahahaha!!! (I'm kidding)

Ok wait, I don't feel comfortable leaving this obviously romantic blog with a Ludacris video so I'll put this one up instead (Can't believe Pao was the one who actually found this song =) (Thank you for the song, Waffle. It's us. It's really us.)

...
...
...


By the way, George Clooney's UP IN THE AIR is an amazing film.

2 comments:

  1. i love this entry :) and i totally agree.

    some comments:
    1. yes, the party IS totally at your body (hahahaha)
    2. i finally figured out why we couldnt make the damn emulator work in both our computers, and now im sure we can play it
    3. i find it cool that the guy from Chuck can sing and that i'm proud to still have my pop-music-love-song-guilty-pleasures
    4. i miss us doing space cookies
    5. UP IN THE AIR is a very good "perspective" movie (thumbs up from me)

    and finally...the question "Then What?" resounds in your head and can be applied as a period, or closing to any statement on any topic. We can just keep asking "Then What?" on and on and on...much like Lambchop's never-ending song.

    I guess what matters is that you find the right co-pilot as you chase miles and miles of questioning...and checking in and out of every "Then What?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really encourage everyone to watch "up in the air." Seriously. George Clooney deserved that best actor nomination. =)

    Anyhow...

    Well... sometimes... the answer to "then what" doesn't even matter. Hell, it's not even the point. Like that time I bought an Evita Peroni hair clip for Php 1800 because... I had money... and the lady doing a demo on my hair with it made my hair look nice.

    That clip is collecting dust in my drawer.

    Perhaps as you grow older... the "then what's" begin to need sufficient answers. *shrugs*

    Like...
    "Hey, let's eat some space cookies!"
    "Then what?"
    "Then let's laugh our asses off at the dumbest things and annihilate a bucket of KFC."

    That's a sufficient answer. =)

    ReplyDelete