Thursday, November 12, 2009

Much ado about nothing.

I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

--- Pablo Neruda


....


Guess you can't really blog about being in love when you're busy being in it. *shrugs*


....


On that note...

I'll talk about something else.


Like... facebook. (once again)

Disclaimer: This is not out of hate or social snobbishness.


So...

What's up with the whole "being someone's 'facebook friend'" phenomenon? I mean, I really don't understand this (ok, maybe it's because I don't have an "FB" but still). Like... you (or in this case, I) say something like... "Oh hey it's nice to have met you, glad you know my sister, I'll tell her we met, what's your name again?" and the person replies something like, "Oh I'm __________, yeah I don't know if she remembers me but we're friends on facebook so just tell her."


Like... seriously???? This actual response has found its way into our vocabulary and daily tete-a-tete?!


When did this happen???

When did people start considering a personal relationship a personal one on FB??? It's like... knowing someone's personal life, impersonally... and that's what makes it personal all of a sudden by society's standards.


Gosh.

I wish I could say something like, "Yeah, Johnny Depp is my "neighbor" on multiply. I totally know the guy."


I. Totally. Wish.


------------------------------> I'd like to "facebook friend" me up some o' that... (Hahahaha!)


And... and... and...



How do you really get to know someone by way of "status message"?

(Yesterday, my lovely FB obsessed little sister sends me a text message on how some douchebag-poser-wanna-be-filipino who thinks being filipino is to wear a barong, drink redhorse and tanduay and point with your mouth (what a douche, right?) COMMENTED on her status about her calling the red paint she bought to paint her room "communist china red" paint.)

Apparently, he said something like, "I think Valentino Red is a better term."

As a result---

Beloved sister was annoyed out of her mind. (As aforementioned poser "white" guy wanna-be Filipino has already made some other obnoxious comment on a past status message.)

Can't you "remove friend" or "block" people like that? (Or better yet, have that particular dude deported back to a Obamaland, a country which he obviously gets NO love from.)


But I digress...


I. still. don't. get. it. *sigh*


***And as I'm rereading this... I noticed that even at this point... I still don't have a point. But I'm hoping y'all find one in there somewhere.


But yeah. People tell me "it's fun!" and that I would've gotten a boyfriend earlier had I put an account up.


*shrugs*


Now even though this would be an impeccable time to talk about how "cool" I am by not having a facebook and furthermore sharing my "awesome" relationship by way of not having a facebook...



I'm hung-over.

And I have a stiff neck.


So I am going to end this semi-pointless blog by saying...


If we can't completely un-succumb ourselves to this age of digitalization...

I think an "email" is the best courtship tool EVER.


(a far second to the actual hand-written love letter... but second, nonetheless.)


***And that had absolutely no connection to my Facebook rant about "facebook friends and status messages" but I wanted to say it anyway because... I wanted to be romantic and cute.


...


I noticed that I kinda went "quotation mark"-happy.


"Sorry."


And... I was totally kidding about the whole "I'm cool because I don't have a facebook part" (but only that as my relationship is pretty awesome right now, esp. w/o FB). Perhaps... I am just a "social snob." And that's not really all that cool at all.


Damned disclaimer.

28 comments:

  1. don't be too hard on yourself, honey! me point naman tong blog mo, mitch.. is the perfect excuse to post a picture of johnny!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Guess you can't really blog about being in love when you're busy being in it."

    --- So that's where've you've been. :)

    (And since I am FB friends with your sister, I did see that comment. Valentino Red was a fail.) Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes you can totally delete people in FB!!! I do ;) that's a hot picture of Johnny! (THANK YOU FOR POSTING IT!)

    hope you are well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. masasabi ko lang... sa hinaba-haba ng prosisyon... sa kasalan din ang tuloy! ;)

    "winona forever"? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. finally saw you again :) i like the way you look with paolo. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so get it!

    I ran into a friend a while back at a Starbucks (yuck, haha) who was at a table with another friend. I say hi to my friend, who says, oh, this is so and so. Of course I know him, I "added" him on Facebook. So I'm just about ready to give this guy a hug, when he says, "Yeah, I know you, ON FACEBOOK."

    Hay, alam mo, sila sila lang ang mga nakaka-gets sa mga status messages nila. I love you for keeping blogs relevant. My Facebook home page is filled with vague as hell status updates from friends like, "This is it," "Kaya ko to," "I'll never give up, never!" or countless "Manny is the man!" or song lyrics or bible verses or quotations on courage, love and hope! I thirst for long, detailed updates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah... i have been busy with... L-O-V-E. hahahaha!

    and mr. ike stranathan is a dork. i've lost all respect for him after that. (and to think, i liked him for a millisecond --- gross)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi ben!!!! well... i hear you and mika are doing well. =) y'all better keep it that way or else... i'll have roni bust out some crazy-ass threats. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. che? ... che.... CHE!

    i don't have an FB woman so come out and see me!!!!

    wait...

    IS JOHNNY DEPP ON FACEBOOK????!!! *shrieks with delight*

    ReplyDelete
  10. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    nice. =P

    winona forever, my ass.

    ReplyDelete
  11. two words: mike. love. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (you are gonna get me in trouble woman! hahahaha!)

    it was soooo nice seeing you and the hubby, hehe.

    i'm glad you like the way he and i look. *giggles* (but hey, we can still look at them ballers right? =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. "This is it," "Kaya ko to," "I'll never give up, never!" ---- THIS MADE ME LAUGH!!!! =P

    aww... well... i hope i get to see you so our correspondences aren't limited to my many "semi-pointless" blogs. =)

    besides, i wanna know how you and the cousin are doing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wala na ata yung tat nya na yun eh noh? ;))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes its me! im sorts sick of FB but its become part of my morning ritual...sigh*

    Johnny on FB?! hmmm, no probably not...he'd get way toooo many invites but someone's probably using his name as decoy.hahahaha

    i would like to invite you and Psyche to my niece's bday party this dec 5. my sister and our one and only grandchild are coming home this Dec. sa sta cruz nga lang....what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  15. "wino forever" nalang sya. (how sad... )

    ReplyDelete
  16. shoot, i really really want a reason to go to LB... but i already promised to run a 2.5km marathon on dec.6... which is at 4am, HAHAHAHAHA!!! but... let me get back to you on that and i will totally text you. if ever... i'm gonna be bringing my boyfriend, if that's alright. =P you never minded embarrassing me in front of my exes anyway with all of the stories you tell them of me. *wenk*

    this shouldn't be any different. =P

    oh and... i miss you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey, goodluck sa run! masaya yun!

    no prob about bringing the boyfriend! ate ling will be staying 3 weeks!

    i miss you! Boni High Street tayo minsan?

    ReplyDelete
  18. let's! just tell me when where and what time and i'm so there. =) and you still haven't met psyche!!!!!!! (you're a dork, ninang and it's almost christmas and psyche needs new clothes, HAHAHAHAHAHA)

    ReplyDelete
  19. im so useless during toddler years! wait til she has adult problems, im so there!

    new clothes! on it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. haha two words amputa. you'll get yourself in trouble!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. awww... i think i should keep her away from you when she starts having those "adult" problems, hahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i'm a good girl now! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! i'm goin in, i'm goin iiiiiiinnnnnn... =P

    ReplyDelete
  23. when the hell did facebook come Up all of a sudden? I have one but its such a pain to update all the social sites out there. Its like leaving cyber dna everywhere i get that all the time. Its not can i have your number its let me get your email now when you meet people. Crazy. I can't wait to see you! Two more weeks love :) I'll call you sometime next week

    ReplyDelete
  24. woohoo!!! (it. is. ON.)

    yo, send me your itinerary (like which days you'll be free) so i can fix our schedule. =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. snap!!!! ahahahah.. totally agree!!!! to make it even safer, file a restraining order the moment she turns 18.. no make that 16 up until she's.. hmmmm.. 30! ehehehehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  26. hey hey hey...

    we all didn't turn out soooooo bad... hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete