Tuesday, April 17, 2012

To you, thank you.

It's 11:02 in the evening and even though I'm SUPPOSED to be finishing an article (which I will right after I do this, I swear)... I just really want to say how incredibly grateful I am to the people who are helping Pao and me make this entire wedding possible. I know I've been relatively chill (at least compared to the other brides-to-be I know *giggles*) and seem pretty at ease with the whole planning bit to the point where I'd take it upon myself to play wedding coordinator instead of bride... but deep down, I don't think I could be as relaxed as I am if it weren't for our family and friends and their CRAZY OVERWHELMING generosity. Generous with their time, their talent, and yes, even their money (though time and talent IS money). And best of all, generous with their excitement. For them to be excited to help. It's astonishing.

I dunno. Maybe it helps that Pao and I have been good kids to our parents. And maybe it helps that Pao and I work in such creative fields surrounded by creative talent. Maybe it helps that the creative talent we're surrounded with also happen to be our good, good friends.

Friends who TELL you they want to help. Who insist. (If I weren't so excited I'd be freaked out by it because frankly, and without a morsel of modesty, I'm still a little... oh I dunno... like... that word when you don't get what's happening. Like you're in a dream.)

Whatever it is... my heart has grown sooooo big because of it. Really big. And at the same time, I'm also sooooo incredibly humbled by it. I'm just so thankful right now, excuse me.

Sometimes I think about what Pao and I could've possibly done to deserve such kindness. (Like I honestly think about it. Yeah sure, he and I are nice people. We're pretty cool to hang out with, too. But that's nothing superhuman to deserve such superhuman generosity. Maybe I'm overreacting. Whatever. Maybe being nice and cool is enough really. People just forget that sometimes.)

Whatever it is exactly... I hope we continue to do right by people who have so much faith in us... enough to share their excitement as well as to share in OUR excitement. This wedding is more than just about OUR union... it's about the people who helped us in the BIGGEST ways (because there are no SMALL ways when it comes to simply caring) and who nurtured and supported us in our relationship... and as individuals.

I'm excited to have a wedding (but not as excited to be married to Paolo =)

Partying with my favorite people is a super close second to that. So let's make this ish AWESOME. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment