Friday, June 22, 2012

Authenticity over Authority

So yes... I have a new job. A job that will allow me to stay at home and go to the office only ONCE a month for editorial meetings. A job that will allow me to say what I want to say, in MY own voice, and not the voice people dictate me to have.

A job that will allow me to work BUCK NEKKID if I wanted to. Let alone in shorts. The same offensive shorts people seemed really insecure around (but we won't get into that... today =).

But all of that is not even the point.

Because while being non-employed for the first time in 6 years and having left without so much as a backup plan is indeed frightening (and quite dangerously, recklessly fun)... I suppose those type-scares you have to go through in life make it all worth it when you know you've got someone willing to hold your hand through the proverbial "dark" and be the voice you follow as you climb out of the depths of the unknown in search of light.

It's fucking cliche to say my family is my light, I fucking know that.

But after asking my husband to print out a copy of my (emailed) editorial schedule and deadlines (because I no longer work at an office with a printer at my disposal), he goes off and emails me a PDF file of a "calendarized" version of it, which he made himself.

And I just think that's so cool and so random and just so thoughtful. To do something that will make my already easy-breezy life so much easier.

It's such a light-bringing thing to do.

And if there's anything I know and like about being married to someone like him, it's that it feels really really REALLY good to know that this person's existence alone already assures you that everything will be ok, no matter how scary and unstable things get (and since I'm a virgo, you know I'm afraid of unstable shit). Because that kind of peace of mind is such a luxury these days and I'm just fucking happy I have it. Peace of mind.

And a job, of course.


......

I hope people find the time to realize that about someone they love, today and everyday.

4 comments:

  1. :) pao should totally start ahubby school.. I can see a lot of wives signing up lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA a "hubby" school! Sige while he's off teaching, we're off drinking. =)

    I MISS YOU HOW ARE YOU!!!! (Uhm... i'm gonna be putting up a REAL facebook soon... cuz my new boss encourages it, hahaha! It's only now that I'm actually getting wifi for the condo. I feel like such a neanderthal being ushered into civilization.)

    Email me!! I miss your long ass emails. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I emailed you a month ago And no response..did I ferry sent to spam lol :)

    I'm still recovering from moving.. Omg..we have do much shit. we are inthe middle of furniture shopping and remodeling..visit na Kayo! The pool is ready for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Resend your email!!!!

    aba ready na ang pool!!!! how exciting! show me pics! =P

    ReplyDelete